This is a soft crumbly cookie made with chocolate and almond flour. You can substitute the almond flour with plain flour if preferred. I found this recipe on youtube posted by yoyomax12.
Pinwheel cookiesThis is a soft crumbly cookie made with chocolate and almond flour. You can substitute the almond flour with plain flour if preferred. I found this recipe on youtube posted by yoyomax12.Febin Vadakkeyil
1 3/4 Cups
- Cream the butter and sugar till combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder and salt and mix well till you get a crumbly dough. Leave out the salt if using salted butter.
- Lightly knead with your hands to form a dough ball. Cut it into halves.
- To one half, mix the almond four and combine. Roll this out between sheets of baking paper into a rectangle of around 1/4 cm thickness.
- To the other half, mix the cocoa powder and combine to form the dough. Roll this out to a rectangle of the same size as the white one.
- Without peeling the baking papers off, let the two layers chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Remove from fridge. Peel off top layers of baking paper. Place the white layer on top of the chocolate one and align.
- Carefully, roll along the long end tightly. Use the baking paper to help you along. If the outer dough cracks, let it soften for a few minutes and roll. Wrap with the baking paper and leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours at least or overnight. The dough has to firm up well.
- Slice into 1/2cm thick slices and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes.